Founded by Robert Del Valle in 1973, International Ship Repair was purchased by George and Carl Lorton in 1990. The Lorton brothers sparked dramatic growth by adding dry dock capabilities to the Tampa shipyard. In 1997, International Ship Repair expanded its comprehensive repair services to include conversion capabilities for the lengthening and re-powering of ships.
In 1998, CEO George Lorton gained sole ownership of the Tampa shipyard, and concurrently added the company’s fourth dry dock. In 2002, a fifth dry dock was added (the largest floating dry dock in Florida), affording International Ship Repair the largest number of operational dry docks in Florida.
Located In Beautiful Tampa, Florida
1616 Penny St. Tampa, FL 33605